Valentine’s Day is somewhat of a divisive holiday.
Maybe you’re the type that buys flowers, wears pink, and eats red velvet cupcakes while watching Dirty Dancing for the 57th time, or maybe you’re the type who wears black, rolls your eyes and curses Cupid and Hallmark under your breath all day long. But no matter which camp you’re in, it’s always a good idea to get together with the gals. And that’s exactly what we did last weekend when we had our best crew over for an evening of red bubbly, pink dessert, and real talk. So pull a Robyn and call your girlfriend(s), and follow our lead on how to throw a Leslie Knope-approved Galentine’s Day for you girl gang!
- Rosé…this one is one of our favorites.
- Red Sparkling… you’ll love this Brachetto, which pairs so well with desserts (especially ones that aren’t too sweet, like our beet cheesecake tart!)
- Beet Cheesecake Tart
- Let your girlfriends know how much you appreciate their friendship by giving them a sweet Valentine. We got ahold of some cute printables here and here. These are also super cute!
- Have some fun rom-coms or heartbreakers to choose from. If you need some inspiration, our favorite flicks are: Clueless, Almost Famous, When Harry Met Sally, Fried Green Tomatoes, The Wedding Singer, and American Beauty. (Confession: We never actually watched a movie because we were having such a good time just talking to one another!)
- Send the gals home with a little treat! We got some fun favors in the dollar section at Target and filled plastic wine cups with heart stickers and truffles.
So cheers to cheesy holidays about love, and amazing girlfriends we’d be lost without, and all of the chocolate, pink treats, and bubbly in the land! Uteruses before duderuses.